June 14-16 at Jug Mountain Ranch, 13834 Farm to Market Road; off of Hwy 55, turn right on E Lake Fork Rd.
Who’s it for?
- All members of the Boise Braves Mountain Bike Team: Attendance is required for all new Student-Athletes and encouraged for all returning Student-Athletes. We highly encourage everyone to attend this fun team outing that provides important skills training and kicks off our season. Register Here
- Volunteers: Want to attend skills camp with your student athlete? All attendees must volunteer! We’ve got plenty of volunteer opportunities, including: Set Up, Parking Attendants, Camp Cop, Coach/Ride leaders*, Grill masters and pancake flippers, photographers, registration attendants, tear-downs and more! To learn how you can be involved, Volunteer Here.
- Anyone over 18 who plans to be at skills camp (beyond dropoff and pickup) needs to have a background check. Background check is available by registering on NICA PitZone. Team Director Carolyn has invited all parents to the NICA PitZone, check your SPAM folder. It can take a few days to get this done, so start NOW! Better yet, become a Level 1 Coach; 5 quick & easy steps to ride with the team.
- Please note: Bike skills camp is not family camp. All attendees must volunteer. Food will be provided to student athletes and volunteers only. We will have an end-of-camp barbeque available to EVERYONE on Sunday, June 16th.
Jug Mountain Resort, 13834 Farm To Market Rd, McCall, Idaho
Bike Camp Skills Schedule: (detailed schedule available at camp)
- Friday, June 14
- 12 noon to 5 p.m.: Depart (a carpooling caravan will meet at World Cycles parking lot at 12 noon on Friday).
- 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Athlete and volunteer check-in at JMR
- 4 p.m. Team introductions and trail ride
- 7 p.m. dinner
- Saturday, June 15
- Full day of skills training, trail riding, team activities and lots of good food!
- Sunday, June 16 (Happy Father’s
- 9 a.m. Trail ride
- 1 p.m. Family lunch and BBQ – all welcome
- 3 p.m. Departure
Extra Schedule Details
- Core Operations team will be arriving at Jug Mountain Ranch Thursday night through Friday morning for early set-up.
- Check-in and parking instruction starts 3 PM Friday
- Trailers allowed under 20 feet long
- Signage at venue will lead you straight into BBMTB Center Camp.
What to Bring
|Tent||Change of clothes for three days|
|Cold weather sleeping bag||Blanket|
|Pillow||Winter jacket for cold mornings|
|Head lamp or portable light||Bug spray|
riders (athletes and coaches) should have their bikes checked at a professional
bike shop to ensure bikes are in proper working order:
- ***World Cycles offers free bike safety checks for our team. ***
- Any mechanical problems should be taken care of before arriving. You will be given a sticker to show that your bike is safe to ride. If you do not get a bike check sticker prior to camp, show your coaches or team director a receipt from your bike check and we will give you a sticker. Remember: schedule your tune-ups, bike shops are busy and need to schedule.
- NOTE: Student athletes need to carry the items below during all practice rides and races. Everyone should be self-sufficient for any mechanical or repairs that may happen on the trail (training will be provided throughout the season). If student athletes do not have a repair kit, proper hydration and nutrition, they may be asked to ride with a lower group or not allowed to participate.
- Must carry:
- Bicycle tube that matches wheel size.
- Tire levers
- Bike pump or CO2 inflator
- Bicycle specific multi-tool w/ chain tool.
- Optional items:
- Quick chain link that matches gearing (10,11,12)
- Tire boot or plugs
- Spare derailer hanger
- Zipties or tape
- Multi-tool with plyers and knife.
- Other Important items to remember:
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling clothes (for hot, cold and possible rainy conditions)
- Hydration pack/water bottles (please bring full for Friday activities)
- Must carry:
- Reach out to team leaders if you do not have something, we may have extra.
- BRING A POSITIVE “HAVE FUN” ATTITUDE AND WILLINGNESS TO LEARN