|Dear Idaho League Families,|
It has been an chaotic and unprecedented couple of weeks for our country. As many of you may have already heard, currently all NICA spring leagues have been temporarily suspended. Additionally, many fall league activities are also postponed. Here in the Idaho league our leadership team met over the weekend to discuss the best options based on current information for proceeding with the upcoming season. The decision was made to proceed with cautious optimism that by mid-summer the situation will have improved and there will be a minimal impact on our planned summer camp activities, practices and race season. That can certainly change based on the evolving situation and further guidance from our federal and local government. We will keep everyone informed of any changes that may impact our season as things unfold.
So what does this mean for everyone involved in the IICL:
▪We are going to postpone the opening of the Pit Zone for student-athlete registration from April 1 to May 1.
▪Any pre-season team activities that were currently scheduled for the month of April are to be postponed until further notice.
▪Registration for summer camps will remain open, however we will allow for 100% refund requests if anyone would like to cancel. If we need to cancel the camps entirely at a future date, registration fees will be refunded at that time.
▪We ask that teams not hold any in-person team meetings until further notice.
Coach Specific Information
▪Coach registration will remain open and coaches are encouraged to proceed with completing all online licensing requirements. Expect a communication soon regarding the online Leader Summit courses required for Level 3.
▪The in-person WFA courses will remain on the calendar but are subject to cancellation if the situation and CDC guidance for group activities does not change. If the events are held as planned, instructions will be communicated prior to each course for precautionary measures that are to be strictly followed leading up to and during those courses. We will allow for 100% refund requests if anyone would like to cancel at this time and full refunds will be provided if courses are cancelled in the future.
▪Anticipating that the situation will improve in the next couple of months, we plan to host the in-person part of the OTB101 courses throughout the summer to meet the need for Level 2 and 3 coaches. Details of these training dates will be announced later in April as we continue to see how things unfold.
▪Registration will remain open for the Coach Retreat, however we will allow for 100% refund requests if anyone would like to cancel. If we need to cancel the retreat entirely at a future date, registration fees will be 100% refunded at that time.
What should you do?
I understand these are stressful and uncertain times for all of us. While there are many things we can’t control, there are still plenty of others that we can:
▪Please follow all precautionary guidelines being communicated by local and national officials to keep you and everyone around you safe.
▪Go out and enjoy the clean air and the amazing outdoors in the great state where we live.
▪Ride your bike as much as possible. Riding your bike and exercising indoors or outdoors is still important. It’s important for your health to not sit behind a screen all day. During rides and activities stay 6+ feet or longer than a bike length apart from others at all times.
▪Talk with your families and let them express their feelings. While the impact is being felt by everyone, our student-athletes are the ones with perhaps the most turmoil in their lives right now due to canceled school and the uncertainty of what the near term future holds for them.
Most importantly, stay positive as this will pass and soon enough we’ll be together enjoying the amazing programs that your NICA and IICL teams have been working hard to plan.
In the meantime if there is anything you need from me please do not hesitate to ask.Elbow bumps and good vibes to all of you from me and the entire leadership team.