June 14-16 at Jug Mountain Ranch, 13834 Farm to Market Road; off of Hwy 55, turn right on E Lake Fork Rd.
Who’s it for?
- All members of the Boise Braves Mountain Bike Team: Attendance is required for all new Student-Athletes and encouraged for all returning Student-Athletes. We highly encourage everyone to attend this fun team outing that provides important skills training and kicks off our season. Register Here
- Volunteers: Want to attend skills camp with your student athlete? All attendees must volunteer! We’ve got plenty of volunteer opportunities, including: Set Up, Parking Attendants, Camp Cop, Coach/Ride leaders*, Grill masters and pancake flippers, photographers, registration attendants, tear-downs and more! To learn how you can be involved, Volunteer Here.
- Anyone over 18 who plans to be at skills camp (beyond dropoff and pickup) needs to have a background check. Background check is available by registering on NICA PitZone. Team Director Carolyn has invited all parents to the NICA PitZone, check your SPAM folder. It can take a few days to get this done, so start NOW! Better yet, become a Level 1 Coach; 5 quick & easy steps to ride with the team.
- Please note: Bike skills camp is not family camp. All attendees must volunteer. Food will be provided to student athletes and volunteers only. We will have an end-of-camp barbeque available to EVERYONE on Sunday, June 16th.
Jug Mountain Resort, 13834 Farm To Market Rd, McCall, Idaho
Bike Camp Skills Schedule: (detailed schedule available at camp)
- Friday, June 14
- 12 noon to 5 p.m.: Depart (a carpooling caravan will meet at World Cycles parking lot at 12 noon on Friday).
- 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Athlete and volunteer check-in at JMR
- 4 p.m. Team introductions and trail ride
- 7 p.m. dinner
- Saturday, June 15
- Full day of skills training, trail riding, team activities and lots of good food!
- Sunday, June 16 (Happy Father’s
- 9 a.m. Trail ride
- 1 p.m. Family lunch and BBQ – all welcome
- 3 p.m. Departure
Extra Schedule Details
- Core Operations team will be arriving at Jug Mountain Ranch Thursday night through Friday morning for early set-up.
- Check-in and parking instruction starts 3 PM Friday
- Trailers allowed under 20 feet long
- Signage at venue will lead you straight into BBMTB Center Camp.
What to Bring
|Tent||Change of clothes for three days|
|Cold weather sleeping bag||Blanket|
|Pillow||Winter jacket for cold mornings|
|Head lamp or portable light||Bug spray|
riders (athletes and coaches) should have their bikes checked at a professional
bike shop to ensure bikes are in proper working order:
- ***World Cycles offers free bike safety checks for our team. ***
- Any mechanical problems should be taken care of before arriving. You will be given a sticker to show that your bike is safe to ride. If you do not get a bike check sticker prior to camp, show your coaches or team director a receipt from your bike check and we will give you a sticker. Remember: schedule your tune-ups, bike shops are busy and need to schedule.
- NOTE: Student athletes need to carry the items below during all practice rides and races. Everyone should be self-sufficient for any mechanical or repairs that may happen on the trail (training will be provided throughout the season). If student athletes do not have a repair kit, proper hydration and nutrition, they may be asked to ride with a lower group or not allowed to participate.
- Must carry:
- Bicycle tube that matches wheel size.
- Tire levers
- Bike pump or CO2 inflator
- Bicycle specific multi-tool w/ chain tool.
- Optional items:
- Quick chain link that matches gearing (10,11,12)
- Tire boot or plugs
- Spare derailer hanger
- Zipties or tape
- Multi-tool with plyers and knife.
- Other Important items to remember:
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling clothes (for hot, cold and possible rainy conditions)
- Hydration pack/water bottles (please bring full for Friday activities)
- Must carry:
- Reach out to team leaders if you do not have something, we may have extra.
- BRING A POSITIVE “HAVE FUN” ATTITUDE AND WILLINGNESS TO LEARN
With the Boise Braves Mountain Bike Team!
4/9/19 6:30-8:30pm @World Cycle 1407 West State Street, Boise
Girls Night Out is a fun social event hosted by the Boise Braves Mountain Bike Team and World Cycle & XC Ski to celebrate and welcome girls to the cycling community. Find out why we love to ride our mountain bikes and meet new riding friends! Our goal is to get more Girls Riding Together (GRiT)!
Guest speaker Liza Rachetto
Through the course of the evening you can learn more about cycling……. Bring your friends!